I have been selling prints and notecards featuring my photography since the mid 1990s. Then, as now, my subject matter included the landscapes of my home state of New Jersey and the Great Southwest. Of course, this was years before digital photography and I favored the highly saturated print films of Kodak as well as Fuji Velvia slide film. Since there was no digital editing back then, I had to develop the skill and discipline to capture everything correctly at the moment of exposure. This discipline still serves me with my digital cameras; I generally do very little post-processing of my images to deliver the color and detail of the original scene.
In 2004 I formed Quiet Heart Images and began participating in art shows and craft fairs throughout NJ. Quiet Heart has given me an incredible opportunity to personally connect with buyers of my images and learn what moves and inspires them. Creating a piece of artwork that someone will hang in their home or place of work and see every day is an honor and responsibility I take very seriously.
In addition to selling my work at shows I have had a few of my images published. My work has also been selected for several juried exhibitions (see below). My subject matter is not just limited to the landscape; I have taken a number of portraits and headshots. I have also been photographing concerts, weddings, and other events for clients over the years.
My work is currently offered for sale at the following galleries:
- The Essex Gallery of Fine Arts, Montclair, NJ
- Franklin Framery, Nutley, NJ
- Morristown CraftMarket, Morristown (2012, 2013)
- Art in the Park, Montclair Art Museum (June 2009)
- Art Connections 3,Montclair State University (November 2006)
- Biennial Juried Photography Exhibition, Hopper House Art Center, Nyack, NY (August 2006)
- 2nd Annual Art Market, Montclair State University (November 2005)
- The Star Ledger
- The Catholic Advocate
- Sound & Communications, April 2006, magazine article
- Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart Choir and Orchestra, 31st Annual Carol Sing (CD cover)
- Listening to the Rhythms of the Soul, Margaret Morgan Maat (book cover)
- The Story of the Cathedral Basilica: A Statement of Faith, Mary-Cabrini Durkin (book cover, other photos)
2009 Catholic Press Award: Best Photo Story Originating with a Newspaper (The Catholic Advocate)